How to avoid help line flickering,

Hi,

I am developing an application in redhat linux 8.0, in that I am providing help line for the buttons, when the help line falls on bottom desktop it flickers, how to solve this problem. But "Netscape button help line will not flicker", how to solve this problem ?. I am using XMotif 1.2, Please help any body !!

Thanks,

Guruhema