From: redhat-devel-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-devel-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Viktor Vislobokov
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 2:44 AM
To: redhat-devel-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: ACL in RedHat

Hi Todd!

> Does Red Hat have a particular patch that works well on implementing ACL
> filesystems? I've found acl.bestbits.at and was just wondering if anyone
has
> used it with Red Hat 8 (which I really like by the way) and if there were
> any problems, or is there a better version I should try?

   Today, I builded kernel-2.4.18 with ACL support. IMHO it is impossible
to build ACL support with RedHat kernel patches. Many RedHat patches
conflicts with ACL patch. I got pure 2.4.18 sources, apply some SCSI
patches with it and builded kernel manually.
   After kernel, I builded e2fsprogs, fileutils, attr and acl packages.

> Does anyone know if Red Hat or any Linux distro will incorporate ACL's
> anytime soon into the Kernel by default?  It would make replacing Windows
> File servers much easier!  (Not that there aren't other reasons to switch)

   I not found kernel with ACL in Internet.

--
With best wishes,
Victor Vislobokov