From: Shankar Rajendran [mailto:shankarr@connexus.com.sg]
Sent: Sunday, 20 October 2002 10:28 PM
To: redhat-devel-list@redhat.com
Subject: Help me to reduce the size

Hi,

 I trying to Port Rh Linux 6.1 in a 8 MB Diskonchip flash disk. If I copied the required files in to the disk on chip, it requires 16 MB of memory. I think the Library files are taking most of the space.

Is it possible to port the Linux in 8Mb of flash disk..?

Is it possible to port the Linux without library files.? I have tried to compile a df.c file with -static option but the size of the static df exe is 1392767. The size of df exe without the -static option is 14132, but it requires libc.so.d and ld-linux.so.2.

Is there any other option to compile the files statically..?

Please help me to port the linux in 8 MB of flash disk.

with regards,

Shankar R
------------------------------------------------------------------   This communication (including any attachments) contains information which
is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use
of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please note that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or
the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
destroy any copies of it.