[Fwd: RE: [rhn-users] Problems compiling custom kernel]

I am not sure if this topic is covered under this list or not. The
thread seems dead on the rhn-users list. Possible the wrong list as
well.

In short I am unable to compile modules for a custom kernel using the
2.4.18-14 source that comes with RH 8.0.

I can compile other kernels, and kernel modules, just not the ones for a
custom 2.4.18-14 kernel. I am pretty sure there is a problem some where.
Although I do not know if that problem lies in the kernel-sources for
2.4.18-14 or in my machine? It's a fresh install and I have tried to
uninstall and reinstall the kernel-sources.rpm.

I am looking for a reason or simple a solution. Is there a problem with
the sources, or is it me?

Has anyone out there been able to compile a custom kernel, and kernel
modules using the 2.4.18-14 source from RH?