Re: Authconfig-4.1.19.2-1 problems

> From: John <valhalla@computerdatasafe.com.au>
>
> On Thursday 15 August 2002 01:38, Albert E. Whale wrote:
> > I'm not sure why, but this version breaks the authentication of a
fresh
> > RedHat 7.2 install.

> Why are we asking installation/configuration questions on a
> development list?

John,

I don't know anything at all about Albert's problem, and maybe it would be
best asked elsewhere. However, rather than scold, I suggest you open up
your ears; It has for at least the 20 years I've been involved with
computer software been true that the vast majority of software developers
give short-shrift to installation and configuration issues the the serious
detriment of the entire field. Developers DESPERATELY NEED to know about
and feel the pain of people who have installation or configuration issues
because it's primarily problems in installation and configuration that
lead to project failures large and small.

That said, things are generally getting better, in some cases _much_
better. Still, if you can't point the guy at the right place, maybe just
listen. It's not like this list has hundreds of emails a day or anything.
And, I assure you, if nobody answers his question, he'll go elsewhere.

Regards,
Richard

--
Richard Troy, Chief Scientist