Re: mkinitrd.spec dietlibc dependency (rawhide)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Erik Troan wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Riku Meskanen wrote:
>
> > Ok, how about?
> >
> > %ifarch i386
> > BuildRequires: dietlibc
> > %endif
>
> There is only one source RPM for all platforms -- this won't do what
> you want.

Eric, however amazing it may appear I knew already
that there is only one source for RPM's :) and yes
I know the reason d'être of initrd stuff (x86 only).

I made some more tests and unless you are referring
to build target problem with "--target blah" I don't
see the light yet, sorry.

If that is what you are after, feel free to change the

%ifarch %ix86
BuildRequires: dietlibc
%endif

or if the %ix86 macros isn't available on older
distros, it could be more cautious written in place

%{!ix86:%define ix86 i386 i486 i686 athlon}
%ifarch %ix86
BuildRequires: dietlibc
%endif

or perhaps just simply

%ifarch %{!ix86:i386 i486 i686 athlon}
BuildRequires: dietlibc
%endif

as the %ix86 macro isn't apparently needed elsewhere.

... but sure you knew all that and if this was not
your point it would be more helpful if you would
come out and explain in little more detail what's
going on and what you are after, please.

Are there some formal guidelines or policies of writing
explicit dependencies on spec file somewhere? If so,
where can they be obtained?

:-) riku

--
    [ This .signature intentionally left blank ]