Re: OpenSSH

> > The 6.2 version is commented out, but the 'no' value is what is commented
> > out....
> >

> According to some folks on Slashdot and Valhalla-list, they think Red
> Hat 7.x is not vulnerable to this exploit because it doesn't appear to
> have used that compile time option.
>
> Can anyone confirm this?

I don't know just why, but MY 7.3 isn't volnerable. It has
/etc/ssh/sshd_config:ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

Just why, I don't know - maybe I changed something, maybe it arrived that way.

This particular box was installed as 6.2 then upgraded to 7.1 and/or 7.2 then 7.2

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
	be right!