Re: OpenSSH

No, not all of us knew about this one...

An SSH overflow bug? Gee Whiz?! You'd have thought over-flow bugs would
have been stamped out LONG ago?! -sigh-

This has me a little concerned and I'd appreciate a confirmation of
something, please...

A while back I recall, though only vaguely, that my site has chosen to run
a different (non-RedHat Default) version of SSH due to some quirks
regarding differences in the management of public and private keys. The
version we ended up with does NOT claim to be OpenSSH, but instead just

	ssh: SSH Version x.y.z

or, when connecting remotely:

	debug: Remote version: SSH-x.y.z (non-commercial)

What I'm asking is, is it correct that because it doesn't say "OpenSSH"
that it's not in the affected code line? I'm pretty sure, but when it
comes to security, assumptions are a bad idea!

Thanks for your response.

Richard