how to print the call stack of a thread on linux?

I want to get the stack trace of current/particular/all threads within a process. I can use pstack like method (i.e. attaching to a thread and get its stack entries in proc) but that it from outside the process or from the parent thread. Is there any way I can generate the stack trace info of current thread/process.

Thanks

Dharmesh