Re: International pricing discrepancy

>  --- "Keith W. Sheffield" <sheff@pobox.com> wrote:
>> Does that already include VAT?
>>
>> When I was in Ireland a couple years ago, I liked
>> the fact that it was
>> already included in the price, unlike the sales
>> taxes in the US.  In a
>> nutshell, how is it different than US sales taxes?
> AFAIK US sales tax does not apply in most states if
> the selling company is located across state
> boundaries.

That's only if you order it via the internet or catalog.  If you go into an
out of state store, they don't check to see if you are a resident at the
checkout line.

I know consumers pay them and for some cases businesses, but I don't think
it gets charged if a retailer purchases something from a distributor or
another retailer.  Does VAT get charged at every sale?

--
-------------------- Keith W. Sheffield  sheff@pobox.com --------------------
                Because a punk rock fiddler is a rare breed