Re: pthread_mutexattr_setpshared? Alternatives?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 11:05:36PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> > Sorry for following up on my own post, but since I got no response I'm
> > compelled to ask: is this the wrong list for such questions?  If it is,
> > what's the right one?
> >
> > On Thursday 25-Apr, I wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > is there a way to create process-shared mutexes in Red Hat Linux 7.* ?
> > > Currently, calling pthread_mutexattr_setpshared with PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED
>
> It's win the scope of what the list is for. Possibly the kind of developer
> you're looking for doesn't frequent the list any more.

Nah, there's some of still here.

AFAICT the best bet for pthread_mutexattr_setpshared functionality is
NGPT, which claims to have a user-space only design and is promising a
preliminary look at the code Real Soon Now (late March/early April
is what's advertised).

Other than that, chances of getting PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED functionality
are none now, and slim for the near future.

0.02

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ