Re: Pricing discrepancy (Re: next release)

 --- Chris Tooley <chris@tooley.com> wrote:
> Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> > Is there any significantly more expensive factor
> behind the way Red Hat
> > prices its products overseas? I paid about 60
> pounds - 90 US dollars -
> > for Red Hat professional 7.2. No, it's not the
> version that comes with a
> > DVD, so I really fail to see why I should buy
> every release when people
> > in US+Canada (who earns more) get it at a cheaper
> price.
> >

> I'm not sure where you are referring to, but in the
> Retail stores around
> here Professional is $99.95 so you aren't paying
> more.  You are in fact
> getting it cheaper than I can in a store around
> here.

/me bad. My mistake. Red Hat *basic* is 112.83 EURO,
Red Hat *Professional* is 283 EURO.

So the price is about double in Europe - the one I
bought was standard Red Hat Linux (hence no DVD, which
I believe is shipped in Europe w/ Professional).

The Linux reseller Linuxemporium.co.uk has complained
in the past about Red Hat seemingly slapping the price
they quoted him at a £1=$1 exchange rate (closer to
1.45 ATPM)

Regards,

Michel Salim

http://uk.my.yahoo.com