RE: next release

> GPL allows RH to charge a fee for supplying the product. It
> doesn't HAVE to give
> it away, though I could buy a set and run them off (like
> Cheapbytes) or mount
> them on my ftp server for all to download.

It could charge a small fee for media costs [$2-$3/CD], but according to the
GNU GPL agreement, yes it does have to make the code available (and they
have been doing a great job of it so far).

RedHat is the best-known distro out there.  Companies know about it and they
assume that they are the best because of branding.  And that is great for
any company because when "Large company x" is shopping around for server
software they are going to think M$, Novell, RedHat Linux, UNIX.

That's because RH brands their software for corporate companies [read:
million dollar contracts].

Plus, by reputation, Linux hackers/users are the cheapest people in the
world.  Well maybe the BSD people are cheaper.  They will never be forced
into having to pay $70/copy. <GRIN>

Trev.