rawhide list

Levente Farkas wrote:

>hi,
>first of all IMHO it's a good think that rawhide is updated regualry (almost
>every day), on the other hand it'd be useful to be always consistent.
>it'd be useful to create a new mailing list for rahide. yes I know I can
>put bugreport into bugbase, but for a daily changing "distibution" it's
>too expensive and it's not easy to track.

Question to the primary RawHide maintainers:  Is this true?

I would like to know how we can help you best.  Would you like us to
submit RawHide bugs via BugZilla, or via this list (or one like it)?

Clearly RawHide is a moving target.  You probably know about or notice
most bugs even quicker than we do, so do you have any guidance on the
kinds of bugs
that you'd like us to report, and the kinds that we shouldn't bother with?

For example, it surprises me that some rpm dependency errors seem
to not get fixed quickly.  Would you like us to report them?

What about the python problem in printconf-gui which has existed for about
three months now, preventing printing from working on RawHide?
How, and how quickly, should we report this kind of bug?

$ printconf-gui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/printconf-gui", line 7, in ?
    import printconf_gui
  File "/usr/share/printconf/util/printconf_gui.py", line 84, in ?
    import gtk, gnome.ui, libglade, gnome.xmhtml
ImportError: No module named ui

John Ellson