ftpcopy removed ?

> --- "Ivan F. Martinez" <bl@ivanfm.com> wrote:
> > ftpcopy is good to mirroring redhat files, because
> > they change the dates without changing the files, I
> > can specify to
> > ignore date changes. Also the new version have a
> > security key for limiting the number of deletes each
> > time I run. In
> > the case of problem in server that gives an empty
> > directory it will not delete everything (this
> > happened one time in the
> > redhat ftp site)
>
> Have you thought about using rsync instead? Rsync is
> much more robust than the aforementioned proggies.

My efforts at connecting to RH with rsync have been entirely
unsuccessful.

My impression too is that it's less stable than, say, wget - one error
and it quits.

The only place I've found that supports rsync , www.planetmirror.com,
has its files at different locations in rsync URLS than for ftp or http.

I'm currently using mirror, not in RHL 7.2 (I think it's in 7.1
powertools), to mirror updates. Being written in Perl, it's easier to
fix its fault than it is for rsync or wget.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.