How to Use Motif?

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Why would you want motif???
>
> You can either use QT (and by this it will be easier if you want to port it
> to WIndows or Mac), or gtk-- (although it's not good compared to QT)...
>
> BTW - you should upgrade to redhat 7.2 (unless you did upgrade the essintial
> components like glibc, gcc, etc)...

If you use Motif well, the code will cross-compile and install on a large number
of machines *without requiring installation of additional libraries*.

The lesstif project to clone Motif(www.lesstif.org) might be of interest as
well.  It has been about five years ago since I looked at it seriously, but even
then I was able to port most of my Motif/OpenGL visualization tools to Linux
using it.  There is also a commercial Motif implmentation kicking around out
there, but I can't recall the name.