Why no core dump???????????

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Vimol wrote:

> The C program here is giving out "Hello world" while running in Rethat Linux
> 7.2 . It is compiled with ''gcc".
>
> WHY NO CORE DUMP??? I have malloc only one byte.
> Please explain me.

We've seen quite a few bug reports from newbies about "core" files filling
up their diskspace, so we disabled their generation by default (assuming
that people who know what to do with a core file are much more likely to
know how to turn them on than people who don't know what it is being able
to turn them off).

Use "ulimit -c whatever" to turn core file generation on.

LLaP
bero

--
This message is provided to you under the terms outlined at
http://www.bero.org/terms.html