Re: Alternatives after removal of ReiserFS

Hello Jan and Oleksandr,

I would prefer to avoid btrfs if possible. It ate my Gentoo root filesystem in 2017. This incident has been resolved by reinstalling the system because each attempt to fsck only made it even worse. I appreciate it for excellent transparent compression and for generally good support for Docker, but I can live without it.

>But given how cheap the storage is these days, people don't care as much.

I don't like this kind of attitude because it encourages a decline in quality in general. We'll learn to appreciate what we have once it becomes scarce again.

Thank you Jan and Oleksandr very much for your knowledge on xfs and ext4. I'll make sure to put it to good use.

Bestest regards,

Michał Dec