2TB Reiser4/Zstd compressed root fs boot on Google Compute Engine (GCE)

Niltze, all-

Whereas some months ago I booted a 2TB reiser4 non-compressed root file
system into Google Cloud Platform on the fifth try -- after
manipulating its GPT multiple times by mounting virtual disk onto
another (smaller) cloud image, this time I succeeded booting the
reiser4 image on the very first try.

I successfully booted a 2TB Reiser4 (SFRN) 4.0.2, Zstd -compressed ("-o
compress=zstd1") -formatted root file system, into Google Compute
Engine (GCE) cloud infrastructure.

This is a Metztli Reiser4 netboot installation first created into
VirtualBox 5.1.32 (last version to support reiser4) and customized with
Linux Guest Environment for Google Compute Engine < https://github.com/
GoogleCloudPlatform/compute-image-packages >, a 'hybrid configuration
of a GPT partition table with an MBR bootloader' which I achieved with
Gdisk < http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/ >, etc., etc.; in other words
this is a professional - grade image that meets -- rather *exceeds*
because we are using reiser4 -- features in other Debian professionals'
provided images (I have tried them, and experienced their shortcomings
;-)

If interested in more details, here is the link to serial log output on
very first boot of my host Aztatlan, executing on Google Cloud Platform
(GCP) recently available Los Angeles (LA) region (link within <> all in
single, uncut, character string):
< https://metztli.it/blog/index.php/amatl/reiser-nahui/aztatlan-metztli
-reiser4-serial-log >

A big THANK YOU! to Mr. Ed Shishkin and BratSinot.

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it