Re: Real status of ReiserFS4?

2017-277 15:46 ANDY KENNEDY <ANDY.KENNEDY@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Eventually, after about the 5 power loss on the system, it corrupted
> that partition.  Reiserfs-progs was able to recover it, though.  So,
> is this one of those cases where if I put it on a production system it
> will work great as long as I don't improperly drop power on it?

as far as i tried, reiserfs tends to corrupt fairly frequently after power
failures. did not encounter any corruption that fsck could not fix. though. but
reiserfs' fsck seemed to work relatively slow each time.
in contrast, i don't remember any single corruption caused by a power loss on
R4. i run my "home server" with R4 on / for several years without having UPS
(shame on me, but it costs smth, and i'm just too lazy for buying one,
honestly), so, while our electricity is not rock stable, no problems so far.