Re: fs-level crypto

Hello everyone,

I have already implemented a common solution for distributed systems with detection
of tampering on non-trusted servers:
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/disk-encryption

It also works for a local file system: just deploy GlusterFS on the single brick.
GlusterFS can not be deployed on reiser4 though (because of lack of xattrs).

Native solution for encryption in reiser4 is implemented on 90%.
One just needs to call a proper cipher transform (AES-XTS) at inflate/deflate_cluster(),
and add key management bits.
Decryption is going at ->readpage(s) time. Encryption is going only at commit time
(right before writing data to disk).

Thanks,
Edward.