Re: using debugfs.reiser4 options to access R4 on /dev/sdb

On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 01:24 +1100, doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
> Are there any switches with using 'debugfs.reiser4' to help using mount or
> print details on R4 disk/partition. Im trying get to access /dev/sdb

Well, most of the switches enable some very specific data dumps. You can
use for sure

-l to dump all plugins known to libreiser4
-p to show default profile
-t to dump the tree
-n <file> to dump all nodes where <file> resides

I guess, the tree dump is the most curious data you can get out of that
disk.

But did you use some released reiser4/progs version when you created
filesystem that time? It seems, you've got reiser4 and progs in some
inconsistent state. I guess, it is the reason for unexpected fsck
behavior that Edward was talking about.

By the way, do you have something valuable on that disk? Latest release
from sf.net is expected to work out of the box, you could use it to
format the disk anew.