Re: Issue in my API re-implementation in my kernel 3.11

23.09.2013 13:01, Chris Gentile пишет:
Mathieu et, all ,

Fixes seemed to have fixed the corruption issue thus far. Re-emerging
1000+ packages on Gentoo (tons of small reads/writes on SSD) with no
problems yet. Also, just downloaded the Linux-next patch from this
morning
(https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/patch-v3.12-rc1-next-20130923.xz)
and applied on top of your Reiser4-for-3.12-rc1 branch recompiled
re-installed NVidia (thanks for fixing that btw!) and resuming compiling
as we speak. Going strong still and fast.

Not sure if it makes much difference but I use no compression just
mkfs.reiser4 -o formatting=smart on SSD drives.

Which version of mkfs (mkfs.reiser4 --version)?
In 1.0.8 compression is enabled by default.

Are there any special options I should be using on SSD arrays?

Addressing the compression angle, does formatting an array with one of
the compression options (lzo perhaps?) have significant overhead?

What overhead do you mean?

Storage space is not a concern however if there is very little overhead
I'd like to backup my data and do some benchmarking.  Please advise at
your convenience.

Thanks again,
Chris