Re: current status of r4's ccreg40

On 11/04/2012 02:08 PM, dimas wrote:
hello, Edward!

Hello.

in "reiser4-for-3.6" you've announced some fixes for cryptocompress plugin. for those who don't understand what that's all about, can you please explain, should ccreg40 now behave more stable, or it's still "not recommended"?

With the latest stuff and my usual stressing suit I don't observe
any crashes. Нowever, there was a complaint from Ivan, who has a
home directory on reiser4 with compression:
http://marc.info/?l=reiserfs-devel&m=135170428323969&w=2

I'll try to reproduce this (install Arch and move my home to
reiser4). For now, please, handle compression with care..

btw, what are sane formatting parameters now, after recent 3.6.4 fixups? still reg40 and formatting=extents?

Sorry, it was false alarm: I detected key inconsistency in carry
domains, but this is not a bug, as it has been figured out later
(during tree balancing key ordering may get broken for a while).

So the current status: reg40 looks stable regardless on tail packing
(no complaints so far); ccreg40: there was a complaint (will try to
reproduce).

Thanks,
Edward.