Re: Negative blocks in rebuild-tree

On 01/08/2011 07:58 PM, Edward Shishkin wrote:
> On 01/08/2011 02:31 PM, Sebastian Hyrwall wrote:
>> Hi
>
> Hello.
>

>> I am getting a negative block-number with reiserfsck when doing
>> --rebuild-tree -S (or without -S). This causes a segmentation fault
>> later (pass 2) in the check because it tries to read a "non-existant
>> block". My rebuild takes 3 days and i didn't copy the stdout-info the
>> first time so I will post some more info as soon as it becomes available.
>>
>> Pass 0:
>> ####### Pass 0 #######
>> The whole partition (-710934672 blocks) is to be scanned
>> Skipping 117586 blocks (super block, journal, bitmaps)
>

> So you do have a ~16T partition. Correct?
>

>  -711052258 blocks

This bit isn't bad typing - it's bad printf formatting. The actual bad
typing is going to be harder to track down. A quick look showed me some
signed block count variables in the debugreiserfs code but the fsck code
may be better off. I'll dig into it.

Since you're trying to reproduce, it would be great if you capture the
core dump that should happen when you seg fault. Exact output would be
useful as well.

- -Jeff

>> will be read
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?
>>
>> On a 64-bit system.
>

> It looks like you have encountered an overflow/truncation fsck bug
> specific to giant volumes.
>
> I would first ask Jeff: AFAIK he is planning to enable 16T files
> in reiserfs.
> Jeff, do you have any non-published fixups for such problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Edward.
>

>> Sincerely,
>> Sebastian H