Re: Article [march 2010]- Reiser4 Benchmarks Against EXT4 & Btrfs

Aloha Hardcoders;

The following message was sent to Glenn at the 30.April.2010, but I missed to hit the reiserfs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx button. :-[

***
Aloha Glenn;
This may be of interest
Reiser4 Benchmarks Against EXT4&  Btrfs.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=reiser4_benchmarks&num=1

Cheers
Thank you very much for this information. I've seen somewhere else a similar benchmark with similar results. But I don't know for what the SQLite test is good for, because we've already a similar working data structure as the foundation of the R4 and forked R4 FSs and it is somekind of redundant to run SQLite or another database like PostgreSQL on top of the R4 or and forked R4 FS, from my point of view. In conjunction with the database PostgreSQL it's interesting that the R4 FS crashed. (Off-topic comment: And I don't know for what that statement should be good which declares EXT4 as an evolutionary file system.)

Btw.: Can it be that you're a 'hardcore supporter' of R4, or even more? :-D

Have fun in the sun
Christian *<:o)   O>-<   -(D)>-<
***

With all the best