Re: (nearly) full hd causes weird and corrupting behaviour of apps and tools

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:14:47 -0400
Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Deleting the log file isn't enough. You need to restart syslog. The file
> can't really be deleted until all open references of it are gone.
>
> As for having space free but unable to use it, please attach the output
> of debugreiserfs -o <dev>
>
> I've seen it happen before where a file system becomes badly fragmented
> enough that new objectids can't be represented in the objectid map at
> the start of the file system.

makes me wonder if apps can trust the posix interfaces in case a reiserfs is fragmented badly. will write() write to nil, and is fsync() reliable?

> - -Jeff

attached are the files before and after reiserfschk

MeloDramus <melodramus@xxxxxxxxx>