Re: jdm-20002 reiserfs_xattr_get: Invalid hash for xattr

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 at 09:36, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
> Well "buggy" depends on whether you're seeing this problem on new xattrs
> or just ones that have been around for some time.

When I started to see the problem (Dec 2009) I removed the xattrs from the
files in question - only to see new warnings for other files reported.
However, I cannot tell *when* these xattr have been assigned to these
files. For that to track I could probably monitor the filesystem, generate
a daily list of files-with-xattrs and then wait if one of these files gets
reported with "Invalid hash for xattr" later on.

> To locate all the broken xattrs on your system, run this as root and
> then check your log afterwards:
> getfattr -d -R -m '.*' /

Yes, thanks. I just used "find" to look for the reported inodes that were
included in the error message and getfattr did not generate any more
warnings after I removed those xattrs.

Thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #351:

PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)