re: Thank you

> Hello,
> Since 2006 I have been a happy reiser4 user, but recently I got tired of patching my
> kernel and therefore I finally gave up (but I already miss its efficiency at least
> with small files).
> I wanted to thank Edward and the various people still making this project alive :)

I agree with these thoughts.  It's a nice piece of code, and I hope it is successful but
it's too difficult to keep up with external patches.
I think it needs to be in the main kernel.  That's the only way it will ever get wide testing
and new developers interested.  I hope this becomes a high priority for Ed Shishken and
whoever else still works on this project.
Also, due to some reputational issues, a name change would be good for the
filesystem's future.  I would suggest "dancefs" for the dancing trees.  Has a nice
ring to it, and parallels the naming convention used for other competing filesystems
like btrfs which is also named after a data structure.  Also "plugins" have been
controversial, they could be renamed to "filesystem objects" for the same reason
which probably more accurately describes the
abstraction anyway.

Just some observations from a long time lurker, feel free to listen or ignore as you like.

Tom