Re: reiser3: data=journal causes panic in 2.6.29.4

Carlos Carvalho wrote:
Christian Kujau (lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 20 June 2009 23:07:
 >On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
 >> Putting data=journal in the options in fstab makes the kernel stop at
 >> boot complaining it couldn't get a lock.
 >
>AFAIK there is no data= mount option for reiserfs. Where did you see this >documented?

Reiserfs has mount options "data=journal", "data=ordered", data=writeback,
which have the same meaning as in the case of ext3.
Description of all reiserfs mount options can be found here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20061113154827/www.namesys.com/mount-options.html

It's not in the man page; it's mentioned in some posts. Clearly, it's
recognized by mount and passed to the kernel, otherwise there'd be no
panic. Also, after it's mounted we can use
mount -o remount,data=journal. In a freshly mounted partition it seems
to work; there are no hangs, and creating/removing/changing files
works. On a busy fs it hangs.

 >> What's the status of data journaling in reiser3?

It should work.

Are you sure that your system hangs on reiserfs?
If yes, then please, let's start with checking your
partition with reiserfsck.

Thanks,
Edward.

 >In which regard?

Does it work? Should it work? Is there any relation to the recent
changes with locking?