Re: I am the new maintainer of R4

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle
<mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am voting that I will take over the maintaining of R4. My frustrations are
> the same as everyone else, no road-map, offers to help are shot down, etc.

Offers to help are one thing.
Writing a wiki doesn't count.
Name calling doesn't count.
Writing code and making patches are what counts.
Maintainership is traditionally granted based on merit.
Merit is traditionally calculated based on code submission.

So raise your hand if you've written code, you tested it out, you
submitted the patch to the devel list and the maintainer, it works,
but it got 'shot down' by the current maintainer.
Anybody?

In the last few weeks I've seen way more noise-to-signal ratio than
actual code discussions on reiserfs-devel. By code discussions, I mean
a technical discussion of a merit of a given algorithm or approach to
solving a problem. Even better are actual discussions of a given
patch. What we've been having is a meta-discussion about a project,
and a different meta-discussion about what to call a project, and now
I don't even know what to call this suggestion to replace a maintainer
who does indeed write code.

I vote negative one for changing maintainers.