Re: Reiser4 Maintainer

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 7:09 PM, J. Todd Slack
<mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello All,

Hi

> I have spend a long time over the last years studying Reiser 3 and Reiser4.
>
> How would I go about becoming the new Reiser maintainer?
>
> I would like to work on changing Reiser appropriately to get accepted in the
> the kernel. I am sure that I am not aware of all issues at this point, but I
> have known of some issues.
>
> I have attempted to contact Edward Shishkin, but no response.
>
> Would anyone have thoughts?

You have a TODO list for inclusion if you're interested at
http://marc.info/?l=reiserfs-devel&m=120173123713322&w=2
Also some review/comments of code would be nice. PPC64 testing too.
Gentoo has a vibrant reiser4 users community, you can try to solve
theirs reiser4 problems in bugzilla and on forums.
Benchmarking of various reiser4 versions from old kernels till current
should be usefull.