Re: Does Reiser3 really support data=journal mode?

On Wed 23-04-08 09:16:15, Jeff Mahoney wrote:

> Jan Kara wrote:

> >> Check out reiserfs_commit_page() for the code where it is attached to a
> >> transaction. Then it's handled identically to dirty metadata when the
> >> transaction is committed.
> >   Ah, I see, thanks. I was grepping for "reiserfs_data_log" but there is
> > "reiserfs_file_data_log" which I completely missed.
> >   Maybe you can help me with my original problem :) - I have a file (quota
> > file) and I need to make sure that all the dirty data and metadata of that
> > file is on disk in its final locations (i.e.,  not only in journal). Will
> > just starting an auxiliary transaction and then doing
> >   do_journal_end(th, sb, 1, FLUSH_ALL)
> >
> >   do the work as I think? Thanks.
>
> Are you sure that's what you want? That will essentially make quota
> operations sync events. If it's in the journal and the system crashes,
> then it will be flushed out to the file system on journal replay anyway.
  I need this only during quotaon and that is one-time event so performance
doesn't really matter. The problem is that userspace could have modified
quota files and we need to see all the changes. And we bypass page-cache
when reading quota files (we use block device's buffer cache directly) so
at the time of quotaon, we need to get all the data to their final location
on disk...

									Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>