Re: Reiser4 - extended attributes?

Hello.
Xattrs are not yet supported in Reiser4.
Bartosz had a desire to devote some time for them, but I guess it is not yet ready.

Cc-ed the mailing list: maybe someone knows how to bypass xattrs
when implementing GlusterFS..

Thanks,
Edward.

gordan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

My apologies for bothering you again, but I couldn't find any reiser4 mailing lists to ask on.

I'm trying to implement GlusterFS on top of Reiser4, and it is complaining that the underlying FS (i.e. Reiser4) doesn't support extended attributes. I have seen references to Reiser4 that say otherwise, so I was wondering if there is a patch/fix that would make the extended attributes work. I'm using the cc plugin with compression. Is there a working implementation with extended attributes? Or is my only option to move to a different underlying FS type?

Thanks.

Gordan