Re: Reiser4: errors AFTER fsck

Volker,

storing the portage-tree on a "critical" partition such as /var isn't probably a
good idea (yet),
reiser4 gets more stable on an almost daily / weekly basis now but I still have
the feeling that it's somewhat fragile in terms of use as a / (root / system)
partition; data-partitions seem to be completely rock-solid & safe, though :)

therefore splitting the /var partition into one for the portage-tree and one for
the other stuff probably will help prevent such incidents (== data corruption)
in the near future until those little discrepancies are sorted out

e.g. I need my system to have almost 100% availability for study so I created

/usr/portage (portage-tree) partition
and a / (system-partition)
in addition to that weekly stage4-tarballs are created in case of corruption so
that the system can be restored in around 20 minutes
I haven't encountered any severe problems in the past, despite using unstable
kernels & system, toolchain, etc.

if you have the time & resources to heavily test reiser4 (unfortunately I don't
have them anymore) just go ahead,
this will help reiser4 to mature even faster so that it can be used by a broader
user-base, ..., and in the long term - mainline-inclusion

Glück Auf :) ,
Mat