Re: No space left on rfs4

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:39:08 +0300, Edward Shishkin <edward.shishkin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Edward Shishkin wrote:
>
>>On 3/3/08, John <geearf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>My FS is currently no full and with no bug, so I hope these are the
> metadata you wanted.
>>> If not I'll fill it again and send it to you again
>>>
>>> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVITV1CU
>>>

>>Eventually I have not downloaded this:
>>It said "No free slots available for your country" ;)
>>
>>Well, don't bother with this for a while:
>>I have caught a mutex leak in cryptcompress plugin,
>>(fixup is attached) this explains undeletable files in ccreg40.
>>
>>I'll try fo fix unix-file plugin a bit later.
>>

> I have found some ancient bugs related to tail conversion.
> In particular, it take place when application writes by chunks
> < 20K in no-space-left-on-device situation (for example, tar,
> which uses 10240 bytes chunks by default).
> The bugs are:
> . leak of per-inode exclusive access;
> . leak of per-inode flag REISER4_PART_IN_CONV
> All of them are responsible for reported deadlocks , and, perhaps
> can lead to data corruptions.
>
> The fixup is attached.
>
> There still takes place a silent leak of free disk space, when
> applications runs in no-space-left-on-device situation. This is also
> related only to (default) unix-file plugin with (default) "smart"
> formatting policy. Hope to address it soon..
>
> Thanks for reports,
> Edward.

Hello Edward,

Would you like me to test something particular now?
I was waiting for 2.6.25 to compile again but I can do it before if you want.
My configuration changed a little bit, now all my reiser4 partitions are ccreg40, but I can replace swap for a reg40 partition to test it...

Thank you for your help,

John