Re: reiser4 panicked with zam-42245

Thanks for your useful stuff !
I'll address it a bit later..

butdiene wrote:

yes, you must be right. I had reiser4 debug option enabled in kernel config.
and it happens only after I enabled it.

I wasn't happy with reiser4 so far.
1st, after crashes, fsck.reiser4 always found lost+found, while I hoped
transaction support would result in a crash resilient fs.

What kind of crash did result in lost+found? Reiser4 panic?

Thanks,
Edward.

I couldn't get get rid of the firefox hang problem. whenever "sync" issued,
the hdd spins for long and firefox hangs. this results in a rather slow fs.

now I have switched back to jfs. it's incredibly fast compared with what I
experienced with reiser4.

thanks a lot!