Re: [BUG] reiser4-for-2.6.22-2 Large stalls when using atime mount option

Hello.

On 11/7/07, Dushan Tcholich <dusanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kernel: Gentoo 2.6.22-r2 + reiser4-for-2.6.22-2.patch
> fstab:
> /dev/sda2        /boot        ext2        noauto,noatime    1 2
> /dev/sda5        /        reiser4                0 0
> /dev/sda3        none        swap        sw        0 0
> /dev/sda6        /home        ext3        noatime        0 0
>
> reiser4 partition is with cryptocompress (lzo) default settings.
>
> I usually mount r4 with -noatime, but after some debbuging with some users
> on irc (rvalles), who have intermitent large stalls, we found that only
> difference between our setups was my -noatime flag in fstab.

Plus rvalles doesn't use compression (isn't it?)

> I tried to mount / without -noatime, started gnome, and then in about same
> time evolution, firefox, played some mp3s, avis, did a kernel compile,
> emerge -uD world (compiled few packages), acessed some random fles in
> /usr/src/linux, started gnome disk usage analyser etc. and had no stalls at
> all.
> And then I tried to reboot. System stalled for 3min 25 sec (i was ready with
> a watch :)) before printing the first message, with heavy disk activity.
> Upon reboot I just changed line in fstab with nano to mount r4 with -noatime
> and rebooted agin. Now there were no stalls.

Currently I am preparing a patch for this problem.
Not sure about its efficiency: we'll take a look..

Thanks,
Edward.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe reiserfs-devel" in