Re: fsck errors and a lot of files in /lost+found

On 11/17/2010 07:37 AM, ESGLinux wrote:
Hi,

Thanks, I can see some files testing first with file command.

I´m looking for usefull files there but some I don´t know the right place I
have to copy (for example there is a lot of files that are emails but I
don´t know the mailbox where I have to copy)

is there any way to know the original location of the files?

Thanks again ,

ESG

No not really that *I* know of. But if it's email, you sould be able to grep subject out of it and put it in the right folders. For other things, it's probably best guess if you don't know.

Phil