Re: new to redhat

On 16/11/2010 21:13, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Matty Sarro wrote:
Welcome! RH9 is a touch old, you may want to look into getting a newer
version of A) centOS or B) fedora. Cent is free (as in beer and speech)
and is basically the same thing as RH minus the brandings and support.
Fedora
is actually created by red hat as their test bed for new features, so when
the features make it into Red Hat enterprise they can have a few years of
vetting by the community to ensure that they're robust and mature.
Yeah, I went up from RH9 (shrike) about 4 years ago. Fedora... to call a
spade a spade, fedora is bleeding edge, not leading edge. 14 beta *seems*
to be working ok on the one box I've put it on, but I *HATED* FC13 - same
workstation, all kindsa problems. And it crashed with kernel panics
several times in the 3-4 months it was on it.

       mark

Good day,

What can I say. Due to ignorance.

Starting to download Fedora 14 iso for cd.

Should I join a Fedora list or is this correct?

Thanks to all that responded.
Regards
Johan