Re: Moving RHEL4 to VM and "ES" limitations ?

Le 13/11/2010 16:01, hike a écrit :
yes, you should worry.  ES is for only 2 cpus.  AS is the version that you
need if you want to leave vmware the way it is now.

My understanding is that ES is limited to 2 sockets which was the case of my Dell PowerEdge M600 (2x4 CPU).

RHEL being a VM now, maybe it sees 8 sockets instead of 2, hence the message?

Does it means that one day or the other there will be an issue with updates or the number of CPU?

Is there a simple way to upgrade from "ES" to "AS"?

our vmware guys limit the number of cpus that a virtual machine uses/sees.
we use RHEL 4 on a multi-processor server without this error.

I suppose you run the "AS" version?

Regards,

Nicolas