Multiple IP bindings on bonded network interface

Hi,

Sorry if this posts twice (first posting seems stuck awaiting admin
approval).

I am looking at binding 64 IP addresses to a Redhat 5 server with dual
NIC's.  I have followed this guide:
http://www.xenocafe.com/tutorials/linux/redhat/bind_multiple_ip_addresses_to_single_nic/index.phpand
am able to successfully bind the IP's to the eth0 and eth1, however I
would like to be able to bind them to my bonded interface bond0 to ensure
redundancy.

My bond0 is as follows:

# bonded interface for production
DEVICE=bond0
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=192.168.1.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
BONDING_OPTS="mode=4 miimon=10"

When I create a bond0:0 containing one of the additional IP's like this:

DEVICE=bond0:0
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes

IPADDR=192.168.1.2

 NETMASK=255.255.255.0

and restart networking the interface does not come up.  Manually attempting
to bring the interface up with if config gives me the following error:

ifconfig bond0:0 up
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address

bond0 itself is completely working, however I just can't seem to add the
additional aliases with my extra IP addresses.

Does anyone know if what I am trying to do is supported, and if it is, where
I am going wrong?

I have googled this extensively today and have not found anything that
explains if this is actually possible, or how to do it, so any ideas are
very welcome!

Thanks,

Euan.