Re: HW to clone a sata disk

I don't think that what you're trying to do will work, as you may have occasions where your USB connected drive may not be available...additionally, you would have needed to set up the RAID mirror at install time.

Might I suggest MondoRescue and that USB drive? You can use the USB drive as a target onto which Mondo can place it's backups, and then, in the event of a hard disk failure in the laptop, you can burn the requisite discs from which to boot and recover your setup.

Sent from my iPhone