To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: Configuring RHEL servers to authenticate with Windows Server2008Active Directory

I'm not sure I understand why you'd want to do that. After you've installed AD Services Identity Management for UNIX, you can specify a user's primary (AD) group under his AD properties under the UNIX Attributes tab.

Then you basically assign/change permissions on the Linux system as username:ad_group_name.

I think the idea is that you'd use AD groups for file/folder access and not the Linux groups anymore, although the Linux groups could still be used if you wanted to.

I'm a bit rusty on this but I believe that's what I wanted to achieve, anyway.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth Holter" <kenneho.ndu@xxxxxxxxx>