Re: postfix error

Hi,

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009, Ahmed Mohamed wrote:

Hi all,

I have a CENTOS 5.4 postfix mailserver. It was working fine untill yesterday
when

I could't fetch mail from the default directory "'Maildir/". I could see the
mail in the home users directory under /home/users/Maildir/new/  but

users are not able to access through  mail client Evollution. The mail
client agent delays response and after a minute or so gives up

with the following errors:

Error while Fetching Mail.
Could not connect to xyz.com: Connection timed out

both postfix and dovecot services are up and running fine. The mail server
is also response to port 25.

Since you can see the mail in Maildir, this is not a postfix problem, but a dovecot related issue, did you restart dovecot?

Can you  " telnet your.mail.serer 110 "

if it repsonds type :

user  your_username

pass  your password

it should them let you know if youve logged in by showing you:
+OK Logged in.

then type:   list
it should return the number of messages waiting, ( quit to logout )
if that works the problem then lies with evolution

If not working, in dovecot.conf add:
			   mail_debug = yes

then  restart dovecot, and review the logs..

--
Res

"What does Windows have that Linux doesn't?" - One hell of a lot of bugs!