Re: Problem with bonded (teaming) NIC's on RHEL 4.0

Anne Moore a écrit :
Hi all RH experts, I have bonded my two GIGI speed nic's on my red hat enterprise 4.0 server.
They were (before the bonding) running at 1 GIGI speed. However, now that
they are bonded together, it runs at 10Mbits. I used this procedure:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-bond-or-team-multiple-network-interfaces
-nic-into-single-interface.html
I get the 10Mbits result when running the command mii-tool bond0. Any ideas what the problem here is? Or why I'm only getting 10Mbits now? Thank you for your assistance.

Hi,

I have the same thing :

# mii-tool -v bond0
bond0: 10 Mbit, half duplex, link ok
  product info: vendor 00:01:00, model 0 rev 4
  basic mode:   10 Mbit, half duplex
  basic status: link ok
  capabilities:
  advertising:

It's "mii-tool" getting confused. What matters are the bonded interface speed, not the speed of bond0 displayed by mii-tool.

Look at the speed of your physical interface and that will be the speed of bond0.

# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ FIBRE ]
        Supported link modes:   1000baseT/Full
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  1000baseT/Full
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 1000Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: FIBRE
        PHYAD: 2
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Supports Wake-on: g
        Wake-on: d
        Link detected: yes

--
Nicolas

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.