Re: Xen command "xm save" does not finish

Hi,
the snapshot file stops growing at 922 bytes:

# ls -l /var/tmp/xp1.save
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 922 oct 26 08:18 /var/tmp/xp1.save

anyway in the filesystem there is enough space. So it seems the command is blocked for any reason.

Frank
From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of R P Herrold Sent: Saturday, 24 October 2009 10:53 a.m. To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list Subject: Re: Xen command "xm save" does not finish On Fri, 23 Oct 2009, Lord of Gore wrote:
> where are you saving the snapshot? do you have enough space? are you
> sure it doesn't finish maybe it is still working?
> do a
>
> watch 'ls -l <path_to_snapshot>'
>
> and see if the dump has stoped. If it stopped we'll go from there :)

Why not post a watch with inotify, and block til it is done, rather than waste process polling and also repeatedly doing maths by inspection?

-- Russ herrold

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,