Re: OT: Memory health guidelines : Page Out , Page In , Scan rate values

Hey,
sunhux G wrote:
> This may be offtopic.
>
> Q1:
> Any website / inputs  will be appreciated.  I've read somewhere that average
> scan rate for Unix of above 5 over 1 minute is unhealthy but there's also
> remarks suggesting above 200 for scan rate to be unhealthy.  So for Oracle
> database servers, what's the threshold value for "Page Out", "Page In",
> "Scan
> rate" & for the Win 2003 servers, what's the threshold value?
>
> Q2:
> For Unix memory, does "Scan rate" matters more than "Pg Out / In"?  I saw
> one thread in a forum that suggested that "Scan rate" above 5 is unhealthy.
> That thread also mentioned that for Unix,  "Page Out" value above 5 is
> unhealthy while "Page In" value is immaterial.  Are these suggestions
> correct?

Could you post that link?
Do I understand correctly, you think of an suboptimal allocation/freeing
algorithm?

Well, I'm not sure, but the Linux Kernel Mailing list, could help
further. There can also the maintainer of the algorithm be found.

Regards,
 Patrick