--
Troy Knabe
knabe@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Jul 1, 2009, at 3:41 PM, David Bear wrote:

what if I can't find yum-complete-transaction ? I assume its a
script/executable that should exist somewhere in my file system.

does it also need to be installed?

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Carel Lubbe <
carel.lubbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have had a similar problem and got around it by firstly running
# yum clean all

And then I did a
# yum makecache

On Thursday 02 July 2009 08:14:15 Phebe_Mertes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 From:       Troy Knabe <knabe@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 To:         Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

 Date:       07/01/2009 01:45 PM

 Subject:    Yum Update

 Sent by:    redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx

I had to break a yum update and now I see this everytime I try to run
yum.  But if I run yum-complete-transaction it says there are 805
packages scheduled to be removed. This does not seem like something I
want to do on my production server, so I am wondering if there is a
way to clean the yum database so I don't get the warning below without
completing the transaction??

"There are unfinished transactions remaining. You mightconsider
running yum-complete-transaction first to finish them."
--
Troy Knabe
knabe@xxxxxxxxxxx

yum clean all
Runs yum clean packages and yum clean headers, yum clean metadata and
yum clean dbcache as above.
OR
you can rebuild the rpm database

cd /var/lib
tar -czf rpm.broken.`date +%Y%m%d-%R`.tgz rpm/
cd rpm/
rm -f __db.00*
rpm --rebuilddb

Phebe Mertes