Good choice for Laser color printers for RHEL 5 CUPS

Hi folks,

We centralize our printing facilities using the RHEL 5 CUPS system (the default version that RHEL wears, not the most recent one) and we generally find it OK. We are mainly an HP print shop, having success with the 4### Laserjet series on b&w and we used for the last 5 years the 4600DN for color laser printing. Obviously, we need to start replacing them, as they start showing their age and hence the question: What's your suggestion for selecting good laser printers, fully compatible with the RHEL 5 CUPS system (I have looked at the drivers and HCL lists, but I am after opinions from people who use them). Any opinions about non HP printers that meet those criteria are also welcome.

PS: The recommended monthly output of the 4600 DN was approx. 85000 pages. We would like to keep that as a targer as our folks print a lot.

GM

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios